If you have ever met me in real actual life you probably know that I was born with a special chromosome that some people would refer to as irrational fear ... I, however, call it "a heightened awareness of all of the things that could possibly not go right."
Now, if you have been watching the news lately, you may have noticed that North Carolina has experienced a lot of shark activity over the past 3 weeks. As you might imagine ... with my special chromosome of heightened awareness and all ... this has really put me on high alert. AND the Discovery Channel's annual Shark Week starts Sunday & there is a Jaws marathon tomorrow, so really, it is the perfect storm, y'all.
I can't even!
I have always been fascinated with sharks ... which is probably because of all of the "keep your enemies closer" advice I've heard in my 39 years of living in the South. I have done extensive research on them .. in the form of watching Jaws 1, 2, & 3 at least a thousand times each ... & I can tell you this: sharks are scary, have very sharp teeth, & like to bite things.
Now before you think/comment that the ocean is the shark's home & when we swim in the ocean we are entering their home, let me point out something ... mother earth is 75% water ... I feel that the sharks should be considerate & stay out of the 5% of water we humans like to enjoy between the months of May & September.
Is that too much to ask, sharks?
Is it?!?!
I have exhausted myself thinking about it all ...

No comments:
Post a Comment