Thursday, February 26, 2015

little pink couch on the prairie ...

We have had all sorts of inclement weather this week ... which means snow, no school, horrible roads, a lot of eating & TV. I would tell you there has been very little excitement, but that would be categorically untrue!

See, I have watched so much Little House on the Prairie this week that I'm almost embarrassed to have indoor plumbing. It been an exciting week in Walnut Grove, y'all!

 So far, I have seen the following:

Carrie fall down a well & get rescued
Mary suffer from a horrible intestinal infection & have to go through 2 surgeries
Charles get trapped in a mine
Willie Olsen stand in the corner at school approximately 37 times
Laura steal a music box from Nellie & have nightmares for a week over it
All the school children get trapped in a blizzard
Mrs. Olsen pay $27 for a wig for Nellie to wear in a school play (for price reference, Charles paid $8 for his land ... so obviously, Mrs. Olsen has lost her mind)
Mr. Edwards get beaten to a pulp over a poker game

So, while the rest of the South is at a standstill .... me & the Ingalls family have been living a lot of life.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment