Friday, June 27, 2014

favorite things friday: remedies, lola, an invite, deals, & tricks ...

 
Is it just me, or does it feel like Fridays come around way too fast in the Summer?
 
 
Here are a few highlights from this week (that went by way too fast) ...


* Pioneer Days ...
First of all .... thanks to all of you who sent me sunburn remedies after THIS POST on Wednesday. I didn't even think about checking the Google, Pinterest, or WedMD for a sunburn cure! What in the world is wrong with me? It's like I thought I was living in pioneer days or ,you know, 1997 ....

* Facebook Quizzes ...
This week I came across another Facebook Quiz that I could not stop myself from taking. You know the ones .... What color flower are you?, What 90's sitcom character are you?, If you were a lime green giraffe what would you eat for breakfast? I can't resist them, because haven't we all wondered if we were lime green giraffes what would we eat for breakfast? Well, now you are ... see what I mean!

Well, this week I took the "Which Barry Manilow Song Are You?" quiz ... because, helllloooo .... Barry Manilow! Well, it turns out my name is Lola & I'm a showgirl ... with yellow feathers in my hair & a dress cut down to there! Copacabana!!!!!


Was there any doubt!?!?! I am sure these quizzes are highly scientific & can pretty much read your soul. And now I have something new to add to my resume` ...

* You know I LOVE a good deal ...
One of my favorite bloggers, Andrea from Momfessionals sent out an urgent emergency post this week about a great deal Hautelook was having on TOMS ... when I say great ... I mean GREAT! Everyday day they have flashsales on different brands ... you can get some incredible deals! Anyway, I'm inviting you to check it out HERE! They'll ask for your email address so they can send you alerts to all their discounted goodness!!!!

* Speaking of good deals ...
Bestie sent me this from Pinterest this week ...


15 mix & match outfits ...
 all bought at TARGET ... for less than $170!
 
Right now Target is having a buy one, get one 50% off sale on most of their summer clothing AND most of these items are further discounted on Target Cartwheel!!!  Just a  little PSA for all of you that like a good deal!!!


* The Nester & Proverbs 31!
The Nester teamed up with Proverbs 31's Lysa TerKeurst to do a room makeover for less than $250. It's a 3 part video series & you can watch it all HERE (day 1),  HERE (day 2), & HERE (day 3)! Nester gives great decorating advice about making a space look great on the cheap & how to use very unexpected pieces in a room. I loved following the makeover this week.

& my dears, that's it for this week ... hope y'all have a great weekend! Be awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment