It's Friday!!!!!! Hope y'all had a fun week ... here's a look at mine.
* I started out my week watching about 37 minutes of the Oscars ... & I realized I'd only seen 2 of the movies that had been nominated & they just happened to be The Croods & Frozen. I'm soooo well-cultured! I was happy to find out that I wasn't alone ...
story of my life, people!
* You all know I love the American Idol! Well ... while I was watching last night I had a major realization. I AM OLD ENOUGH TO BE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THE CONTESTANT'S MOTHER!!!! When did this happen?!?!? In my mind I am still 23-years-old ... until I happen to be around a group of, say, 23-year-olds & I am reminded that I am definitely almost 40. I am almost old enough to have a midlife crisis, y'all! Jesus take the wheel!!!!!
On another AI note ... I wish Alex would stop rolling up his pants legs!
Which makes me sound very much like the moody old lady I apparently am rapidly turning into ...
* I spend a lot of my day with a car full of kids. If you ever get the chance to drive teenagers around ... do it! All you have to do is just listen & you learn so much about their life, their friends, what's going on at school, & a lot more that you'll probably wish you had not heard. That time in the car is precious to me & time well spent! I get a glimpse into their world .... it's a great way to stay connected to their very odd & bizarre lives. And it serves as a great reminder that I am a lot older than I am inside my mind.
Hope you have a great weekend!!! Be wonderful, y'all!
On another AI note ... I wish Alex would stop rolling up his pants legs!
Which makes me sound very much like the moody old lady I apparently am rapidly turning into ...
* I spend a lot of my day with a car full of kids. If you ever get the chance to drive teenagers around ... do it! All you have to do is just listen & you learn so much about their life, their friends, what's going on at school, & a lot more that you'll probably wish you had not heard. That time in the car is precious to me & time well spent! I get a glimpse into their world .... it's a great way to stay connected to their very odd & bizarre lives. And it serves as a great reminder that I am a lot older than I am inside my mind.
Hope you have a great weekend!!! Be wonderful, y'all!

No comments:
Post a Comment