Tuesday, February 25, 2014

you may be it!

There are 2 things that you should know about me ... #1 I am a child of the 80's and #2 I grew up watching A LOT of television. Both of these things shaped me in ways that I can't even describe. O, the lessons I learned from Dr. Huxtable & DJ Tanner.

One 80's TV show that is a true American treasure {in the South & in my heart, at least} is Designing Women! As I type, I am getting a little teary eyed just thinking about Julia Sugarbaker & all of her southern greatness!


I came across a Julia Sugarbaker quote last week & the truth in her words run deep, y'all ....

"I'm saying this is the South. And we're proud of our crazy people. We don't hide them in the attic. We bring 'em right down to the living room and show 'em off. See, no one in the South ever asks if you have crazy people in your family. They just ask what side they're on."

My Mama's daddy use to say, "Where there are no fools, there is no fun!" Well, let me just say ... our family has a lot of fun! And, I'm not even afraid to admit ... I'm sure a good number of my people would include me in the list of crazy relatives. It's a title I hold with great pride!

And, if I've heard it once, I've heard it a thousand times ... if you can't tell which one of your relatives is the crazy one .... YOU ARE IT! So, the next time your family gets together, take a good look around. If you can't find your family's cousin Eddie ... guess who your family's cousin Eddie is .... YOU.

Congratulations!

2 comments:

  1. loved this show! for some reason all i can think of anytime i see Bernice is her beautiful song "Black man, black man, where did you come from?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Emma, an insight into your culture, lol..... I didn't watch Designing Women, although we had it here. I liked Family Ties, Full House, oh there are so many. - Naomi Cramb xoxo

    ReplyDelete