Despite my unnatural
* Bob Costas & his poor eyeballs! Bless him!
Thank goodness he finally came back to primetime last night, because I was, quite frankly, getting a bit overly concerned about him. The least NBC could've done was given America a daily update on his condition. I would've loved to have had some sort of screen-in-screen situation with a live Costas Cam just so I could make sure his eye infection was really on the mend.
* The commentators ... they really have to do a lot of talking, don't they?!? It has to be incredibly hard to be clever with your words for that long. I mean, how many different ways can you describe someone hurling themselves down the side of a mountain? Here are a few of my favorite commentator moments ...
- We were watching the Women's Snowboarding Cross & the guy calling the race said, "the strategy here is to get out front." Which, I'm pretty sure should be the strategy in any racing situation.
- Sunday night, when the curling coverage was over, the commentator said, "good night & SWEEP dreams!" ... I literally almost choked on my lime flavored tostido. O curling humor .... aren't you something!
- Then, my personal favorite was when a bunch of snowboarders fell down during their race & the man kept yelling "CARNAGE! CARNAGE! CARNAGE!" Which, while it seemed a bit alarmist to me, it made me realized that "carnage" is a word I should really try to incorporate more often in my day-to-day vocabulary!
* The poor male Russian figure skater that had to bow out of the competition because of a back injury...
I felt so bad for him! Apparently he's had a long history of back issues & had back surgery not too long ago. While warming up, he pulled something & was in so much pain he couldn't compete. While the Mister & I were watching this all unfold, I happened to be laying in bed with a heating pad on my back because of my own injury. I mentioned how I could really identify with the figure skater, because I just couldn't imagine trying to do anything athletic with pain like he & I were experiencing. Well, my Mister felt the need to remind me that I had injured my back rolling over in bed & not from a career of doing quadruple axles on a sheet of ice. Whatever! To-ma-to! To-mah-to!
So, what about you??? Are you watching the games? What's been your favorite moments? Did concern about Bob Costas keep you awake at night?



No comments:
Post a Comment