In the spirit of the Olympics, I thought it would be interesting to think about the things I would be able to gold medal in. Don't let my years of cheering the West Craven Eagles to victory fool you .... I am not athletic in pretty much any sense of the word. I don't have a competitive bone in my body, which works out well, because my athletic bones are missing, too. Also, adventure is not something I am particularly fond of. So as you can imagine, bobsledding down a winding sheet of ice at 80 mph or doing flips off of a mountain while wearing a pair of skis are not my ideas of a good time.
So, in light of that information, my areas of expertise are a bit different than what you've been watching the past week on NBC. My gold medal talents are more on the practical side.
Here are a few of my gold medal events .... in no particular order ...
* Napping
I am a very good napper & I take my sleep very seriously. One time the bestie sent me an article about naps & I read that the fine folks at Google provide sleeping pods for their employees to nap in during the day. I seriously thought, "why am I not working at Google?!?!" Nevermind the fact I have no other skills one would most likely need to actually work at Google, but I can nap, people!
Research & development at its finest! If ever there has been something I excel at, it is the Pinterest! As a matter of fact, if Pinterest were my real actual job {like I pretend it is}, I'd be employee of the month 12 months out of the year. Don't believe me? Check out my boards HERE . Years of
* Watching Reality Television
Give me The Duggars, Hoarders (please, give me Hoarders), Real Housewives (especially of the New Jersey contention), The Little Couple ... I'll take any of the above! And if there happens to be a marathon on ... you can just count on me seeing it through to the end. It's like I get sucked into some sort of blackhole & there is no escaping it until the last show is over. I even wrote about my love for a good reality TV marathon HERE a few months ago. I am nothing, but loyal, y'all!
So, what about you?
What would be your gold medal event?


No comments:
Post a Comment