Friday, February 21, 2014

Favortie Things Friday: boots, a body cast, & basketball

Well ... do you want the good news or the bad news first?

Good news!
* After our crazy winter weather I finally ordered boots ... because I am anything but ahead of the game. They finally got here yesterday! Just in time for crazy rain we are supposed to have on Friday. However, now that I actually have a substantial pair of boots, I am pretty sure not another flake of snow will fall (fine by me) & we'll probably have some sort of apocalyptic drought.



... and if you've known me for more than five minutes, you'll know that I've already ordered a monogram decal for these coral cuties!

Bad News ...
* I was seduced by our 70* temperatures Wednesday & had a momentary lapse of judgment. No, I didn't put on a bikini & sunbathe in the driveway .... worse ... I found myself trimming the crepe myrtles in the front yard. This would be a great place to mention that I haven't worked out in approximately 2 years & when I was done ... this is how I felt ....


... minus the smile! This would also be a good time to tell you why I didn't post yesterday. My arms were too sore to type. Pitiful ... I am aware.

* If you recall from Wednesday's post, I let you guys in on a little secret that's not really a secret ... I have no athletic ability. Allow me to quote myself ...

   "I am not athletic in pretty much any sense of the word. I don't have a competitive bone in my body, which works out well, because my athletic bones are missing, too."

Well, Priss had her final basketball practice last night & the coach thought it would be the most fun for the parents to play the kids in game of basketball. {Remember when Nancy Kerrigan got clubbed in the knee & she started yelling "WHY? WHY? WWWWHHHHHYYYY?!?!" That's pretty much what was going on inside of me before, during, & after all of the basketball playing I found myself participating in}.

{me getting totally schooled by a 9-year-old}

Remember when I told you about 2 minutes ago that I haven't worked out in approximately 2 years??? Yea, when I was huffing & puffing up & down our 1/2 of the court, I was painfully aware of all of the working out that I have not been doing. There is a silver lining to this dark cloud, though .... in all of the running & jumping, my bladder didn't betray me! Which is quite an accomplishment.

By the way, I named my bladder MVP of the game!

1 comment:

  1. I really do love you, Emma. :) I've found myself becoming kind of a regular visitor at this little pink couch of yours and I like it!

    ReplyDelete