Monday, February 17, 2014

faith over fear ...

I have such wonderful friends ... I really do! I am so thankful that God has placed people in my life who walk with me through a sometimes bumpy, but mostly fun life! One friend in particular came into my life a couple of years ago & she had me at "hello!" {I can never resist a good Jerry Maguire reference}. We instantly clicked. We are different in so many ways, yet we totally fit together. She gave me the sweetest gift this weekend ....

from Ahava Design
{www.ahavadesign.com}
It's hard to tell in the photo, but the bracelet says
"Faith Over Fear"!

I am painfully open & honest about my struggle with fear. God is so faithful & He has brought me so far from where I have been. I am so thankful!

One thing that I've learned is that it is a process.  At the unfortunate expense of sounding like I'm on the Bachelor, it's been a long journey.  Everyday is different & fear sometimes tries to creep in at the most unexpected times. So, there are a lot of times I have to remind my self of these words ...


The rest of this verse promises God will strengthen us, help us, & uphold us. I hold on to that promise with great hope ... & also with a death grip!

It's not always easy, but more & more I'm learning to choose faith over fear! So thankful for my sweet friend who has given me  such a wonderful & needed reminder!

No comments:

Post a Comment