* I found a new product this week that I love ... e.l.f.'s lip exfoliator!
I found it at Target & it's only $3!!! I use a lot of e.l.f. products {I talked about it HERE}. They carry a great variety at the Target & it meets my 1 requirement for beauty aids ... it is cheap! Don't be put off by the appearance. It looks yuck, but works great! You apply the exfoliator in a circular motion, wipe off with a damp cloth, & then apply your favorite lip moisturizer {my fave is Nivea}. It's great for this time of year when chapped lips are such a pain! Seriously ... it works! Your honey will be wanting extra smooches on your newly exfoliated & super soft lips! & it IS Valentine's Day, so pucker up, buttercup!!!
* A great friend of mine told me about an incredible book she'd read ... The Book Thief.
You may have heard of it, because it was recently made into a movie. While 6" of snow was falling Tuesday I had the chance to finish it. If you love to read .... you will LOVE this book. I've never read anything like it before. It completely wrecked me! The story is set in World War II Germany & is told from death's perspective. Just an unbelievable book! Read it & then watch the movie ... it comes out on DVD in March.
I was getting ready to start making "MISSING" posters for it, but Ms. Tootsie showed up with it on Wednesday. I'm enjoying it ever so much, y'all! With all this book talk, I feel like Oprah {minus a billion dollars} ... we should start a book club!
* I can't let this post get done without mentioning curling at the Olympics. Don't misunderstand, I find it quite enjoyable to watch & some of the countries have been very creative with their uniforms, which I totally appreciate. However, I have 3 things I must discuss .... #1 how did this become a sport???? Were a few people out on a frozen lake with a boulder of granite & a couple of Swiffers & presto - curling was born? {I'm totally going to have to Google that} ... #2 if Swiffer does not incorporate curling into one of their commercials they are fools! Just my humble little opinion! ... & #3 There seems to be a lot of scrubbing & yelling which is eerily reminiscent of the way things are at my house when I too am scrubbing ... my kitchen floor. Not curling-related, but I just love hearing Scott Hamilton commentate the ice skating competition! That little man gives me warm fuzzies. I'd like to put him in my pocket & just carry him around ... is that strange?
That's all I've got for you fine folks this week! Now, excuse me while I go exfoliate my lips, read my new book, watch some more curling!!!!
Happy Valentine's Day! Have a good weekend, y'all!



No comments:
Post a Comment