At The Last Supper, Jesus told his closest friends they needed to love one another the way He had loved them ... that was the way others would know they were His followers. Guess what ... the same is true for us today. Others will see Christ in us when we choose to show love ... especially when it's not the easiest thing in the world to do. Some people are just hard to love, y'all & a lot of days I'm included in the "hard to love" category.
Loving others doesn't just happen. It is a choice that each of us have to make. We have to actively choose to love other people.
I love this explanation of active love ...
" Love is not simply warm feelings; instead it is an attitude that reveals itself in action. How can we love others as Christ loves us? By helping when it's not convenient, by giving when it hurts, by devoting energy to others' welfare rather than our own, by absorbing hurts from others without complaining or fighting back. This kind of love is hard to do. That is why people notice when you do it & will know you are empowered by a supernatural source." (Life Application Bible, page 993)
It's not easy, but it is what we are CALLED . . . COMMANDED to do. This week would be a great time to actively love others ... just like Jesus calls us to.
John 13:34
{HERE is another post about love I wrote a few months ago}

Hi Emma! Thank you so much for your comment on my blog today! I loved those questions you asked - Would I want my son's wife to talk to him this way, or my daughter to act like this toward her husband? Great questions for us to ask ourselves.
ReplyDeleteAnd you were right - that quote about love you shared was beautiful. Keep in touch!
Thanks, Erica! I so enjoyed your post!!!! So glad I came across your blog!
Delete