Friday, February 7, 2014

favorite things friday: a missing antelope, Olympic confessions, downton cheater, & 101 ways ...

Hope your week has been full of favorite things for you! Here's a run down of the week that was for me ...

The Antelope in the Living Room by Melanie Shankle (from the Big Mama Blog) came out Tuesday!

I preordered mine back in December, but it hasn't shown up yet. So, until it arrives I am trying to resist the urge to go out & buy it ... because long-suffering is a fruit in me that is not totally ripe yet! I'll be stalking my mail carrier, whose name happens to be Ms. Tootsie, until it arrives.


* The Olympics started this week! I have 2 Olympic related confessions to make:
     #1 ... I am completely on the verge of totally disliking the Winter Olympics. Would you like to know why? I have had enough of Winter's shananigans this year & Winter is all but dead to me right now. I'm not sure if you've noticed, but there just happens to be a lot of snow & ice related events that occur during the Winter Olympics. Seeing snow & ice makes me cold, & I hate to be cold. .
     #2 ... Every time I hear someone say "President Putin" it makes me laugh ... it just does! I am obviously 12 on the inside.


* My sweet cousin bought the Season 4 DVD's for Downton. Three guesses what I'm watching as we speak?!?! Yep! That's right! I could just wait & finish out the season by watching over the next few Sunday nights .... I mean, we are more than halfway through the season. However, I'm going to go ahead & watch the rest this weekend! In case you haven't heard, patience is not one of my spiritual giftings.


* And lastly, Priss's school had their annual book fair this week. I sent her to school with a few dollars & she came home with a book entitled 101 Ways to Bug Your Friends and Frenemies ... so, you can just imagine the good time that's been!


Enjoy your weekend, all of you sweet people! I'll be waiting for Ms. Tootsie, deciding if I can watch the Olympics, finishing up Downton, & finding a good hiding place to put Priss's new book.

No comments:

Post a Comment