Monday, January 20, 2014

which do you believe?

We've been reading through the New Testament in The Jesus Storybook Bible for our nightly family devotion. Last week we read the story of Jesus calming the storm after He'd been awoken by some of His very frightened disciples. In this version of the story, Jesus asked those disciples ...



 
 
When my Mister read that sentence I felt like I had been punched right in the gut!  How many times have I believed my fears?!?

 I've been taught my entire life that God is in control ... the very same God that created the entire universe is more than capable of handling my petty little life. Yet, countless times I have chosen to believe my fears instead of believing all of the promises He's made to me.

I'm on the road to believing Him more than I believe my fears .... it is a journey. A journey that has been filled with so much of God's faithfulness & grace {lots of grace}. Still, sometimes I take the long way around or detour to a dark place where fear stands in the way, but He keeps reminding me over & over that His way is the way of life & truth & freedom. The fears that side track me are no more than distractions & lies.

See, the enemy wants nothing more than for all of us to spend our time wallowing in our fears & to let all of the things we are afraid of dictate how we live our life. God's word tells us that the enemy has come to steal & destroy .... BUT Jesus came to give us life more abundantly than we could ever imagine!

So, I'm deciding ... everyday ... to believe Him & not my fears! I'm choosing the way that is filled with abundance! If you ever meet me on my journey & see otherwise ... please remind me which road I need to be following. I'll do the same for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment