Thursday, January 23, 2014

the vortex & the lessons learned ...

Yesterday, like all good superheroes, I declared my official nemesis ... The Polar Vortex. However, Captain Vortex had pretty much the same effect on me that kryptonite has on Superman. It stripped me of all powers to get anything accomplished.

This pretty much sums up my Polar Vortex experience yesterday ...

 
What better way to spend a snow day than staying in your pajamas & totally ignoring good hygiene? 
 
Score:  0 - Emma, Polar Vortex - 1.
 
I did learn a few things during our snowpocalypse yesterday:

1. Looking at snow makes me cold.
2. Hearing about snow makes me cold.
3. Watching weather reports about snow makes me cold.
4. A 2-hour delay that turns into a cancelled school day .... warms my heart!
5. If ever there was a job that required me to eat a box of Girl Scout cookies in less than a 24-hour period, I'd be {what we call in the education field} "highly qualified". Which, in all honesty, this was something I already knew about myself, but yesterday's circumstances confirmed that particular talent.

So, not all was completely lost yesterday. Now, wish me luck today as I am forced to wear real clothing & brush my teeth before I venture out into the frigid temperatures amongst the general population.

Stay warm, y'all!



No comments:

Post a Comment