Friday, January 24, 2014

favorite things friday: acts of kindness, amening, & AI

I just want to go on record right now & say, if you hear me complain about how hot it is in July .... you have permission to kick me directly in the shin! I long for the days with 98% humidity & days when you get in your car & it feels like you are sitting in a toaster oven. I do .... really, I do.

Today's high is 26* .... twenty! six! One score & six. That is all.

And while we've had about 4 days of really cold temps here, I'm trying to remember days of yore Monday when the  temps were near 70* & I ate lunch outside at the Chipotle. Ahhhh ....  such good memories of sunshine & partially warm air. I await your return!

Although I've been experiencing bone-chilling coldness, I do have a few favorite things from the week .... none of which have to do with the weather!

* Monday we went out with two of our favorite friends & their son {who happens to have been adopted from Haiti}. While we were in line getting ready to order, a young man came up to them & told them he wanted to pay for their meal. He had been adopted, too.  He wanted them to know how much he appreciated what they had done for their son & how he was so touched that they chose to change his little life forever. It was such a sweet moment.

* While we were out & about on Monday we went to LifeWay & I got Beth Moore's volume 2 Bible study CD set. I love Beth Moore ... like I could devour everything she writes! She's one of my favorite teachers of the Word. Those CD's have done my soul goooooood! It's a 2 CD set that consist of 5-10 minutes teachings. Great for sitting in carpool {which is about what 1/2 of my life consists of}. So, if you are behind me in the carpool line & I look like I am amening or hallelujahing .... I probably am!

* I have to say it again this week ... I am loving Harry Connick on AI! He is just perfect for it! My favorite moment from Wednesday night was when JLo took a potty break & Keith told Harry {see how I am on a 1st name basis with them all} to act like he was auditioning ...

{American Idol ... Harry auditions}
 

NAILED IT!
 
 
 
Hope your week has been full of favorites for you ...
hope your weekend is, too! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment