Monday, January 27, 2014

the problem with patience ...

Being patient is not something I am particularly good at or fond of.  I've always had a bit of an issue with waiting. Everything about our culture enables us not to wait. Everything is faster, more convenient, quicker. Just waiting for something to load on my computer drives me nuts ... even it only takes a few seconds. I want it done .... like yesterday!

Over & over again, God's Word whispers to us to wait ....
wait upon the Lord (Psalm 37:7)
be still (Psalm 46:9)
don't be impatient (Psalm 37:34)
wait patiently on the Lord (Psalm 40:1)
there is a season for everything (Ecclesiastes 3)

God has all of our days mapped out before we are even born ... yet, somehow I feel the need to get ahead of Him & what He's planned for me & my life. A verse that I often have to remind myself of is found in Psalm 37 ....

"don't be impatient
for the Lord to act ...
in due season He will
honor you with every blessing."
{verse 34}
 
And you know what .... He has been so very faithful to me {with my impatience, and all}. He has honored me with a lot of blessings in my little ole life. I am so thankful that He's had grace when it comes to me & my little waiting problem.
 
What are you waiting for? a spouse, children, your dream job, a reconciled relationship, salvation for somebody you love??? 
 
"Rest in the Lord, wait patiently for Him to act" (Psalm 37:7)

you have "a wonderful future ahead  ... a happy ending" (Psalm 37:37)
 
Never doubt God's faithfulness ... He desires the very best for you. Wait on Him & His plan for your life ... even on the days when it's difficult & you don't understand His timing for your life. Trust that He will honor you with every blessing ... cause He really wants to!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment