Thursday, January 30, 2014

snow day makeover ....


I told you guys I had a plan to preserve my sanity during our Snow-tastrophe in the South. I'd been planning on repainting my nightstand & so, that's what I did …. in-between adding on layers of clothing, eating cheese grits, & watching my children get pulled around on an old car hood behind a 4-wheeler (welcome to the South).

Some of you asked for a step-by-step of my little project, so here ya go ...
{NOTE: I am not a professional anything, so just take that for what it's worth}

Here's the little lady's before shot … OK, but not great.


I started out by removing the old pulls, sanding the entire piece & then wiping it down with a damp cloth.

Then, used a small roller to apply Valspar's Sonora Rose.
I prefer using a roller rather than a brush because it leaves a smoother finish … just my preference. I didn't want any of the woodgrain to show, so it took four coats to get the coverage I wanted.

I let the final coat dry overnight & then I applied a couple of coats of clear polyurethane to protect the paint finish & also give it a glossy finish.

After the clear coat, I let it cure overnight.

& then the fun part!!!!! The after ….




 
 






sources:
paint:  Lowe's Valspar - sonora rose
pulls: Hobby Lobby
lamp: Hobby Lobby
bedding: TJ Maxx


linked up with Remodelaholic!
 

6 comments:

  1. Nice job, Emma! Looks like the color is a perfect match!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Amanda! Now to find another project for today because the snow hasn't melted one bit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is beautiful, Emma!!! You inspire me!!

    ReplyDelete