We did have a couple of non-snow & ice related events to take place, though ...
* One of the most exciting things to take place this week was that Priss has taught herself to moonwalk! And I have to say .... my hardwoods have never been cleaner!
* & also, the Mister moved the keyboard from the music room into Priss's room for her. The organ setting is her fave & so now I feel like I live in a baseball stadium & it is continuously the 7th inning stretch. Please feel free to come over for your listening enjoyment .... bring your own peanuts!
*Then this happened ... again!
And snow, it did! If you read THIS or THIS you'll know that my affections for winter weather are not very deep .... as a matter of fact, I'd say it is pretty much non-existent. We woke up Wednesday morning to about 5 inches of snow on top of an inch of ice. No school Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, or today ... so we'll probably be celebrating the 4th of July in the school cafeteria this summer. Thank you, Mr. Vortex! However, I would like to say that the highlight of our snow days was definitely having snow cream .... for breakfast & dinner!!!!
On day 3 of being confined to our house I reached heights & depths of boredom I've never experienced ... as evidenced by the fact that I pulled out the refrigerator & oven so I could clean behind them. Which I am almost certain is one of the first signs of dementia. I also had fleeting moments of thinking about which one of us would get eaten first should we run out of food. My bestie reminded me I'd be the easiest one to take down, so it would most likely be me .... needless to say, I had the mister make a trip to the grocery store.
* We did have a little impromptu birthday party for the mister yesterday for his 41st.
I had some of his friends send me some of their favorite things about him & made a "41 things we love about you" list. It ended up being 3 pages long & a lot more than 41 things. He loved it!
And that just about sums it up. My weekend will be full of waiting for the snow to melt & hopefully life will return to normal by next week. We are supposed to have 70* temperatures by Wednesday! God is good ... yes, He is!
Have a good weekend, y'all!


No comments:
Post a Comment