Tuesday, December 3, 2013

not on my list ...

Have you made your Christmas list yet???? Better hurry ... time is a-tickin' away! FAST!!! Up until I was about 25-years-old I made a list & posted it on Mama & Daddy's refrigerator every year. Not just any list .... a list made with construction paper, pictures cut out from magazines, stickers, different colored markers. I am a preschool teacher ... I can't help myself! The Christmas List is crucial to making sure you end up with what you really want & not some lame gifts.

While I don't post a list anymore I still want to be clear about some things that I hope aren't under my tree. So, thought I'd share a few things that AREN'T on my list this year ...

a glitter dipped mug
I detest glitter ... you can read about my unnatural hatred HERE!
It's really almost a character flaw.
Well, I couldn't imagine anything worse than
a glitter mug until my bestie sent
me a picture of this ....

glitter TIGHTS!!!
I mean, can you imagine ....
just leaving a trail of glitter EVERYWHERE you go?!?!
& I can't even bear to think about how
long it would take to get rid of
all of the glitter stuck to all of your places
after the glitter tights are taken off!
something else I have absolutely no need of ....
A book of volleyball rules.
It would just be money well wasted.
I sat through Priss's entire season lost as a yard dog.
So, I don't even think Mr. Spalding would
be able to shed any light on the mystery
that is volleyball.

And lastly ....

{source}
Because enough is just enough, people!
The fox does not say anything.
We are aware!
Can we all be done with it now?

So, how about you guys?!?!? What's one thing you absolutely do NOT want for Christmas???

4 comments:

  1. A dog... I see it as one more mouth to feed and something else to clean up after... unless it was my "dream" dog, then I would happily accept it!

    Alicia Morris

    ReplyDelete
  2. True story: One year, my grandfather gave my grandmother a burial plot for Christmas. The following year, he bought her a few things but hid them. Then he told her that he hadn't gotten her anything because she hadn't used her gift from the year before. (Just in case anyone wonders where I got it from.) Ellen P.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny. I love reading your blog!!!! Just for kicks...I have a very small, tiny blog...atadbitofthisandthat.blogspot.com. I was doing well with keeping it up-to-date, and then, you know, life happened.

    And a side note, I so wish, so very wish, that Lambs Care could be available for younger kids...just for a few hours a week. I have a 19 month old son (gees, where has the time gone) and although he is already on the list for when he turns 3, I do wish Vanceboro had more places like a "mothers morning out."

    Have a super day!
    Blair Wetherington

    ReplyDelete