Wednesday, December 11, 2013

a little pinspiration: decorating the new shutters!!!

I love decorating for Christmas!!! & was especially excited this year because we had a new element outside to adorn ... our new shutters!!! (you can read our shutter story HERE, if you'd like)



We usually hang our outside wreaths in the center of our windows, but decided to do something a bit different this year .... so off to Pinterest I went for a little inspiration! I came across this picture ...



Loved the wreaths on the shutters, but decided to go with a more traditional bow. Thank heavens, I found the easiest tutorial EVER written to make the "perfect bow" right here ...


Easy peasy! So, after a couple of hours, a few spools of burlap ribbon, & a couple of hundred fake needles to vacuum .... I had 11 new bows & wreaths ready for my mister to hang!








No comments:

Post a Comment