Thursday, March 2, 2017

My February Reads ...

Today, I'm sharing my February reads! 2 great books, but so different from one another ...



I love, love, love historical fiction ... especially books that are set during World War II. I've read lots! Well, I've never read one quite as intense as this one. The Nightingale gave me an entirely different view on what life was like for women during the war. This is a heart wrenching story that is interwoven between wartime & modern day. Such a great book ... but very intense.



After reading The Nightingale, I needed to read something light & fun. Someday, Someday, Maybe was perfect! & YES! It is authored by THE Lauren Graham ... of Gilmore Girls & Parenthood! This is Lauren's first book (she has recently written Talking As Fast As I Can ... which I LOVED, too!) Someday is fiction & loosely based on Lauren's early days in New York City when she was trying to catch her big break as an actress. The story is set in the 90's and all of the cultural references are funny. It's a really cute, easy read.


Let me know what you're reading ... I'm always looking for other great books!


* to see more of my favorite reads CLICK HERE *

No comments:

Post a Comment