We're half-way through March ... how is that possible?!?!?
I wanted to give you a little March challenge check-in! If you have no idea what challenge I'm talking about, you can READ ABOUT IT HERE! I started March with 2 challenges ... 40 items in 40 days & the Isaiah 58 challenge. I am happy to report I haven't fallen off of the wagon on either.
Here's a little update ...
As a family, we decided to participate in the Salvation Army 40 days - 40 items challenge. So, all 4 of us are choosing 1 item each day to put in a box. At the end of Lent (40 days), we'll deliver all of those items to the Salvation Army for donation. We are killing it with this challenge! Somedays it's just 1 item, other days it might be 20. We had a major repair that had to be done in our playroom & that really helped us clean out & purge lots of gently used items to donate. We are getting rid of stuff, y'all ... and it feels GOOD! We already have 2 huge boxes of clothing, toys, books, & movies. Excited to drop those things off so someone else can enjoy them!
For the 2nd challenge, I committed to reading Isaiah 58 everyday during the month of March. It is only 14 verses, but those 14 verses are PACKED FULL of good stuff & it is so timely! The chapter talks a lot about not just going through the motions of being "religious" but really living a life that is pleasing to God. It warns us about getting caught up in the ritual of church & worship while we ignore those around us in need. It's really made me be more aware of my motives & more sympathetic to people around me. If you haven't read it, I encourage you to. If you have read it, read it again!
Any of you participating in either challenge???
Let me know how it's going!



No comments:
Post a Comment