Tuesday, March 7, 2017

how I save money at Target!


Anyone that even kind-of knows me just a little bit probably is aware of the fact that I LOVE THE TARGET!!!! I am a Target Super Fan to the core.

Anyone that really knows me knows that I love to save money ... almost as much as I love Target.

So, when I get to combine both my love for Target with my love for saving cash ... I get all sorts of giddy!

Which leads me to today's post ... I 'm sharing how I save $$$ at Target!!!

Target has lots of ways to save cash at the register and when you combine them together, your savings really do start to add up.

So, here are a few things I use ...



The Target Cartwheel app is a few years old and it has saved me HUNDREDS of dollars! Just download the app on your phone, pick out which offers (usually 5%-50% off) you want to use, & scan the barcode at checkout. My favorite thing about this app is you can scan a product's barcode to see if there is an offer for it. If you shop at Target & aren't using Cartwheel ... START!


Redperks has been around for about a year & gets you lots of FREE STUFF!!!  & who doesn't love free stuff!?!?!?
 
The program works on a point system. You are rewarded 10 points for every $1 you spend in the store. Once you reach 5000 points (which happens fast), you get to select from a list of "perks" ...

 
Perks usually include a free book, toy, clothing, home item, make-up, movie, CD, ... the list is long. I can't tell you the last time I actually had to pay for a book from Target ... I almost always choose the free book perk! 
 
Redperks is now combined with the Cartwheel app and makes checkout with both so much easier! Just pull up the Cartwheel app, get the barcode scanned, & your Redperks points are added automatically.
 

I have a Target debit Red Card & every time I use it I save 5%!
We buy most of our groceries, gifts, home goods, & clothing from Target ... so that 5% savings has added up for us. 
 
A couple of other things I love about the Red Card ... 
you always get free shipping when it's used for online purchases &
you don't need a receipt to make a return on anything bought with it!
 
 
 
There is also a Target Red Card that acts as a credit card. I prefer using the debit card & having the money taken out of my account at purchase.

I have just recently started using Target's subscription program.
 
We have items I would normally go to the store & purchase every month delivered to our door ... things like paper towels, toilet paper, cleaning products, laundry detergent, etc.
 
 
So, every 4 weeks (the length between deliveries is up to me & can be changed anytime), all of the items on my subscription list are sent to our house. Now I can spend my time in Target buying all of the fun stuff!
 
The subscription program offers an additional 5% off of your items & is always free shipping.
 
 

  ... and that's how I do it, y'all!
If you have any questions, post them in the comments & I'll try to answer them the best I can!

2 comments:

  1. I consider you the authority on all things Target so I'm definitely going to check into these! I've used the Cartwheel app, but not the others. I didn't even know they had a debit card option... genius!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am the unofficial Target Queen!!! & yes! the debit red card is a great way to save!

      Delete