Monday, February 20, 2017
seven words ...
I've had a very long road with fear and anxiety ...
They both have been unwelcome guests in my life for a lot of years. They've interrupted my marriage, my parenting, family outings, my career, my friendships, my hobbies ... Every aspect of life you can imagine, they've both been there.
The thing about fear & anxiety is it's difficult to escape ... they are always there ... sitting on your shoulder, whispering all of the "what ifs" in your ear. They can be unrelenting.
I know I'm not the only one who has fought with these two unwelcome guests ... I know there are a lot of people that struggle with the voice of "what if" everyday. I just want you to know, if you are in the middle of your fight ... It will not always be this way. One of my very best friends told me those 7 words when I was in the fight of my life against anxiety & I held on to them like they were a life line! They WERE my life line!
I would love to tell you that I have completely overcome anxiety ... that I have won the fight. The truth is I still hear its voice ... it's just not as loud now... it's not as menacing as it once was.
I am learning to recognize it for what it is ... a thief & a liar.
I am getting better at pushing away the "what ifs" ...
There are still times when fear wins, but those times are getting fewer & further between.
BUT ...
Every time I ignore anxiety's voice ... I am winning ... I am overcoming.
Every time I choose to keep going ... I am wining ... I am overcoming.
If you are in the middle of your fight ... keep going ... It will not always be this way!
Take care of yourself ... find someone you can talk to, get yourself to a doctor, give yourself grace when anxiety has the upper hand, & celebrate the small victories you have over fear.
It will not always be this way ...
It will not!
Labels:
anxiety
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment