Monday, January 12, 2015

unrelated observations & thoughts ...

OK ... I have several absolutely unrelated observations and thoughts about overall unimportant weekend events

* Prince at the Golden Globes ...

I don't know of another 85 pound, 56-year-old man that could pull off this outfit ...

 
& also ... I want information on whatever skin care regimen he is participating in.
 
* Mister's Fitbit ...
 
I plan on dedicating an entire post to Mister's Fitbit, because I have many thoughts & feelings about the topic. But I did want to share that over the weekend he walked 20,000 steps in one day ... which happens to be twice as much as what is normal. Now, Mister is very fit & works out & also, can't stand to just sit around. So. obviously the whole "opposites attract" really applies to our relationship. Anyway, late Saturday afternoon it dawned on me that had I been wearing a Fitbit the nice people at Fitbit headquarters would have probably called 911 to do a well check on me just to make sure I had not died whilst sitting on the couch clearing my DVR.
 
* the DVR ...
 
People ... the DVR! Here is what you need to know about me ... I resist new things.
 
DVD player ... took me years to embrace it because ... hello! what am I to do with all of these VCR tapes!?!
 
Iphone ... don't have 1 & it drives Mister & Big Brother crazy. I know how to work my android just fine, thank you very much.

HD television ... Bestie's husband finally shamed me into getting HD about 18 months ago because how is Mister supposed to watch football & basketball with a poor quality resolution?

Well, last week we changed TV providers & now we have DVR.... & my life has been forever changed. Friday I kept sending Bestie texts like, "I want to record ALL of the shows" ... "DVR! Best thing since sliced bread!" ... " think I've just identified a new condition ... DVR hoarding ... can't stop DVRing!"

So, let's hear it for technology advancements ...


No comments:

Post a Comment