Monday, December 8, 2014

Pink Couch Approved: Books!



Every Monday this month, I'm sharing gifts that I love & think your people will love too ... gifts that are {pink couch approved}! Today is all about BOOKS!

When I was in graduate school, I swore off reading for pleasure. I was sick of reading, sick of books, sick of words, and all of the above! Now that I am a decade removed from all of the learning, I have finally began to enjoy reading again.

Here are a few of my latest favorites that the ladies on your gift list will LOVE!!!


* The Nesting Place
written by Myquilin Smith {better known as The Nester}
 
 

OK .. I have a total bloggy crush on The Nester! I love her decorating philosophy, it doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful ... because, let's face it, ain't nobody got time for perfection! Seriously, Myquilin's home is the coziest  most relaxed atmosphere you will ever lay eyes on & it all looks like perfection while it really isn't! The Nesting Place is full of beautiful pictures of her handiwork & she tells all of her decorating secrets!!!!



* Sparkly Green Earrings & The Antelope in the Living Room
written by Melanie Shankle {from the Big Mama blog}
 
 
 
 

I love, love, love Melanie's writing style. She is so funny & can tell a story better than anyone I've ever read. Sparkly Green Earrings is all about her experiences as a mom & The Antelope in the Living Room is about the give & take in marriage. Both books are like sitting down with your bestie & listening to her tell you about her crazy day! Highly recommend them BOTH! {Melanie's Nobody's Cuter Than You will be available next year}
 
 

* A Little Salty to Cut the Sweet
written by Sophie Hudson {from Boo Mama}
 

 
THIS book takes me home!!! Sophie writes about growing up southern & everything in the world that means. Those of you from the South know what I'm talking about ... mamas, biscuits, lard, bacon, weddings, holidays, bacon, family, tradition, & did I mention the bacon?!?!? I love, love, love this book & I love Sophie! {side note: she has another book, Home Is Where My People Are, coming out next year & I can't wait to read it}
 
 
* The Jesus Storybook Bible
 
 
I've shared lots of passages from this book since this blog started. It is one of the most beautifully written books I have EVER, EVER read. Simple enough for the youngest to understand & poignant enough to pierce the hardest heart ... it is precious! One of my readers commented yesterday that this was her go to baby shower gift & I think that is a brilliant idea! However, it makes a great Christmas gift, too ... & not just for kids!

* The Southerner's Handbook
from Gun & Garden Magazine
 
 
Of course, my list wouldn't be complete without this book!!!! Anybody born below the Mason-Dixon Line or living here now needs this book! Everything from how to make perfect biscuits to proper funeral processional traffic etiquette. Those of us born & raised here take for granted that the entire world knows these things ... however, sometimes a handbook is in order! This is the perfect coffee table book!

And there you have it!!!! My {Pink Couch Approved} book list! Hope there's something on this list that will help you with all of your gift buying this Christmas!!!!

I'd love to hear which books are your favorites ....



No comments:

Post a Comment