Tuesday, December 16, 2014

more than her eyes could see ....

From The Jesus Storybook Bible ...
 
 
"There was a young girl who was engaged to a man named Joseph. (Joseph was the great-great-great-great-great grandson of King David).

One morning, this girl was minding her own business when, suddenly, a great warrior of light appeared - right there, in her bedroom. He was Gabriel & he was an angel, a special messenger from heaven.

When she saw the tall shining man standing there, Mary was frightened.

'You don't need to be scared,' Gabriel said. 'God is very happy with you!'

Mary looked around to see if perhaps he was talking to someone else.

'Mary,' Gabriel said, & he laughed with such gladness that Mary's eyes filled with sudden tears.

'Mary, you're going to have a baby. A little boy. You will call him Jesus. He is God's own Son. He's the One! He's the Rescuer!'

The God who flung planets into space & kept them whirling around & around, the God who made the universe with just a word, the one who could do anything at all - was making himself small. And coming down ... as a baby.

Wait. God was sending a baby to rescue the world?

'But it's too wonderful!' Mary said & felt her heart beating hard. 'How can it be true?'

'Is anything too wonderful for God?' Gabriel asked.

So Mary trusted God more than what her eyes could see. And she believed. 'I am God's servant,' she said. 'Whatever God says, I will do.'

{The Jesus Storybook Bible p. 178 & 179} 
 
O, to be like Mary & my trust in God be bigger than what my eyes can see.
 
Those {all too often} moments when I feel doubt creep in & taunt me, I need to remind myself of Gabriel's words ... is anything too wonderful for God!?! NO! It's not! He came to give us life more abundant than we could ever imagine! He supplies all of our needs according to His riches in glory! Trust in Him for all that He can offer you ... it is more wonderful than any of us could ever bear to imagine!

5 comments:

  1. Hi There! This is totaly off topic, but a while back you made mention of a hair product (hair wand?) from Walgreens to cover grey in between coloring...could you give me an update on how you liked it and maybe the name or department it can be found in? Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cindy! I found it over by the hair color. It works ok ... I found another product I reeeaaalllly like - hair paint made by Bumble. It comes in a spray & can be found at beauty stores ... Sally's, Ulta, Sephora

      Delete
  2. Emma Thomas has grey hair? Wow, I must be officially older than dirt! That said, may my faith and trust in Him be bigger than my eyes can see! Enjoyed the read and transparency.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Jay Gaskins!!! Emma has LOTS of gray hair ... & by looking at my mama's head of hair, you know I get it honest!!! But it's nothing a trip to the salon every few weeks won't cure ... or at least cover up!!!!

      Delete
  3. Your day is coming...You will be ready to "simplify",it just happens!

    ReplyDelete