Over the weekend I celebrated my 20th high school class reunion with some of the best people I have ever known!
Yes ... I graduated in the late 1900's! Let's try not to dwell on that particular detail. However, because I did graduate in 1994, that means I got to enjoy musical greats like Biz Markie, Vanilla Ice, & Salt 'n Pepa at my reunion ... which make the whole late 1900's thing totally worth it!
About 30 of us got together & it felt like we had all spent the day before in Algebra class together.
This group shares a lot of history ...We all survived Mr. Lee's bus rides to the driving range for driver's ed, remember when Justin wore teeny tiny daisy dukes to school because the principal made an announcement saying girls couldn't wear them, spent Friday nights after the game at the Pizza Hut, & drove countless miles between the AutoZone & Sonic every Saturday night.
These are the people I grew up with ... they are my people! Even though we only get together every few years, we share many common threads. We have so many memories together. We all remember each other with braces, acne, & horrible perms .. and there are plenty of yearbook pictures to prove it! Thankfully, none of said photos were on display at the reunion.
Because, let's face it ... the early 90's were not a great time in fashion nor hair history ... and if you can befriend someone in those conditions, yours is a friendship that shall never die!

No comments:
Post a Comment