Friday, August 15, 2014

favortie things friday: advice, perspective, & blooms


Shew! It has been a week, y'all!!! The vacation re-entry has been a tough one on me!

But ... it's Friday & I have a few favorites to share with  you!


* Great advice!
I came across this blog post on facebook this week ...

Being new in the territory of "mama of a teenager" ... I welcome any advice I can find. After I read this post I wanted to make copies & hand it out to every other mama at Big Brother's 8th grade orientation. If you have teen boys in your life (son, brother, nephew, youth group) READ IT!!!!! 


* Glass 1/2 Full!
This week has been a doozy! It seems like so much has knocked my feet out from under me. So, when this arrived it was just what I needed!





Layla & Kevin over at The Lettered Cottage have started a new venture! They are designing & selling super cute tees to help raise money for couples seeking to adopt sweet kids from all over the world! They release a couple of new designs each month & only have them available for sale a few days each month. Check out their designs HERE at Blog Threads! Love supporting their cause!!!!

* The will to live!
There has been so much talk this week about life, death, depression, the will to live ....

I came home yesterday & saw this ....



Despite my horrible gardening skills and the complete & utter carnage around this little flower, it bloomed! It sprung forth new life! It found the will to live!

I have managed to kill every single other flower in this pot, but these 2 little stems have clung to life ... they are green ... they are choosing to bloom! It gave me hope & it made me realize ... no matter what is happening all around me ... I can bloom! I can choose to believe in life! 

Deep & heavy, I know, but that little flower has helped my glass be 1/2 full this week!


Hope your glasses are 1/2 full, too! Enjoy your weekend!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment