It. Is. Friday!
This week I have been in such a funk {now, as I'm typing, the lyrics to "funky cold medina" are running through my mind ... don't google it ... I'd hate for your opinion of me to get any lower than it is at this moment ... I can't help myself, it is simply a product of being a teenager from the 90's}.
I gave you a bit of a run down of my very uneventful week HERE on Wednesday. I am happy to report that these wonderful things can be added to the list of my favorite things this Friday ...
* a THREE HOUR NAP!
To all of the mothers of young children who think you will never be able to leisurely sleep-in/nap/rest your eyes/go to the bathroom alone again .... HAVE HOPE! When your children reach about 9-years-old, you will be able to do all of these things you have yearned to do once more! Your children will sleep in until 10am, they will play on the ipad {I mean, so I've heard, my kids read the Bible} while you take a little nap ... pretty much they will just need you for transportation & when it's time to buy new shoes. So, hold on to hope, ladies!
* Time by the pool with my Sis!
I am the youngest of 4 & the only girl. I wanted nothing more than to have a sister when I was growing up. Well, this is who God gave me ...
my cousin (3 years younger than me). We were raised more like sisters & have so many great memories {most of which I have sworn her to secrecy ... no really, I have}. We spent an afternoon by the pool catching up & laughing ... and it did my soul good! She has a daughter Priss's age & watching the 2 of them together is like looking at Sis & me when we were kids ... which is precious & scary all rolled together!
I mentioned the Chicken Bacon Pasta I made the other night in Wednesday's post. If you are interested in the recipe, you can find it HERE. Let me know if yours turns out with or without scrambled eggs!
As always, hope you have a great weekend!



I am DYING over your comment about them only needing me for transportation and shoes when they're 9.... too bad I have EIGHT MORE YEARS until that point! hahaha :)
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for linking up!
:) Andrea
Naps!! Heaven!! :-)
ReplyDeleteElizabeth
www.allkindsofthingsblog.com
New to your blog and looking forward to reading through your archives as I have the time. I have little babies (a 4 yr old and 11 month old) so your post about getting to one day take a nap just made me smile really big!
ReplyDelete