I had a great weekend celebrating July 4th ... well, after this paid us a visit ...
Right before Hurricane Arthur rolled in, we made a Target run ...
for 2 reasons: #1) if I was going to die or be significantly injured in the hurricane, I wanted to make sure I'd been to Target at least one more time & #2) I felt like I could use a good wedge to ride out the storm ... after all, they were 30% off. Hurricane preparedness & big savings. Killing 2 birds with 1 stone & my Target Red Card, y'all!
Thankfully, we woke up Friday morning to a beautiful day & only 1 limb down in our yard from Hurricane Arthur. He was kind to us. And I must say to all of the doubters, the emergency run to Target obviously paid off.
We always spend the week of the 4th at my parent's river cottage. If you remember last year, this happened ....
If you are new to {fmlpc} you can read about this nonsense HERE. I can only assume Daddy felt like tempting fate twice in one week ... you know, with the hurricane & all ... would not be a wise decision on his part & I am happy to say, he did not prove to us again this year he can still ski without getting his hair wet.
However, this happened ....
I went out on the pedal boat with my oldest niece & I can assure you, only one of us was pedaling & it wasn't her. I counted it as my cardio for July & then enjoyed my dinner free of guilt ...
We spent Saturday morning over in the nearest town for their annual Croaker Festival. They have the best little parade ...
I mean, how more American
(& better protected from the sun)
can you get???
The entire weekend was spent enjoying the water, eating, watching sunsets that take your breath away, eating more, & belly laughing with my family.
Love weekends like that!!!!









No comments:
Post a Comment