Tuesday, May 20, 2014

I will survive!

Last week the Mister & I made a Lowe's run to stock up on some flowers for the window box & our porches. I murdered our aloe plant several months ago, so I picked up another one & apologized to it in advance ... you know, just incase.

I came across the most perfect planter on pinterest last week & I decided to put my own little twist on it ....

the inspiration piece ...
I thought this was a very appropriate phrase for a planter!

my spin on it ...

Hopefully, this positive reinforcement will help my plant live under the obvious harsh conditions that exist inside of my house.

I printed out my message of hope using Pea Noodle's Girlfriends font (downloaded HERE ) & a cute border (downloaded HERE.). For the background, I used the aqua glitter scrapbook paper I used for my NC silhouette project. 



Next, I cut the background paper just slightly larger than the bordered paper, glued them together, & then laminated it. The bamboo skewer is painted coral with a little leftover paint from THIS PROJECT.


Then I just hot glued the skewer on the back with lots of glue ...


And there you have it! A message of hope & survival for a very unsuspecting aloe plant.


I think this would be a super cute "get well" gift for someone, don't you?!?


1 comment:

  1. Definitely love the idea of using that as a get well gift idea! So cute!

    ReplyDelete