Wednesday, April 2, 2014

track meets & ADD & hugs

Yesterday was Big Brother's first middle school track meet. And I think we should just go ahead & get the obvious out of the way. All of his athletic genes are from the Mister. This is how I spent gym class my entire freshman year of high school ....


I'm not even kidding. I have other endearing qualities ... running & athleticism happen to not be 2 of them.

I had never been to a track meet before & the only thing I can compare it to is some sort of carnival (minus the fried twinkies). There is a lot going on ... all at one time ... people running, jumping, throwing things. If you have any sort of attention deficit disorder, I'd suggest you steer clear.

Big Brother ran the 400 ... which apparently means you have to run twice around the football field without passing out (vomiting is optional). Which is quite an accomplishment in my book.

When all the racing started Priss asked if the runners got trophies when they were done & we told her no they didn't. Her next question: "Well, do they get hugs?" And that, my friends, is the world according to Priss ... where hugs are just as good as trophies! What a wonderful world!



1 comment:

  1. Hugs are even better! I Love Priss, Big Brother, Mister, and of course, YOU! xoxo

    ReplyDelete