Friday, April 25, 2014

favorite things friday: old business, merit systems, soundtracks, & short skirts ...



Thought I'd bring you up to date on a couple of things I mentioned earlier this week ...

* Monday I was in a really bad place ... realizing the closing of the Reese's Cup Easter Eggs season. So, I did what any respectable adult would do ... I went to Target & stocked up.


Now, I am not fooling anybody! And I am not under the slightest illusion that these Reese's eggs are going to last me until next Easter ... heck, they probably won't make it to Summer. Honesty is the best policy. A friend of mine sent me this on Pinterest & I have to say, it is truer than true!


* Wednesday I told you guys that I came across a totally free & adorable "hey, y'all" print on Pinterest. Yes, I already have 1, but I am a firm believer that you can never have too many "hey, y'all"s hanging around! Am I right?!?


I printed & framed this one & it now lives in Priss's room on her little gallery wall next to her vanity. I dare not turn around & show you the rest of her room ... disaster, people!

OK ... onto new business. Favorite things from this week ...

* My 6th grade gym teacher posted this on her Facebook page this week & all I have to say is ... THIS. IS. BRILLIANT! And also, I am totally going to be using it! Can't wait to ground my kids so some work can get done around here! Thanks for the great idea, Ms. Long!


* This video has been all over Facebook & it is hilarious!


These guys are college students & obviously are making good use of their parent's money!

My observations from the video ... #1. They own the soundtrack to Frozen or have at least paid to download the song (which strikes me as a bit odd) ... #2. They know every single word & inflection, so they've spent a good deal of time listening to the soundtrack of Frozen (which strikes me as a bit odd) ... #3. The tremendous commitment level these 2 put into their performance is to be applauded! (My favorite part is at 29 seconds ... the guy in the hat)

* American Idol ...
Is it just me or do JLo's skirts get shorter & shorter every week??? And when she walks out on stage isn't she afraid of everyone seeing her hoo-haa? Maybe she's taken precautionary measures & is wearing modesty shorts underneath those short skirts .... I don't know.


That's all for this week ... hope your weekend is a great one! Be awesome, y'all!

5 comments:

  1. Did you also purchase all of the York Peppermint Patties at Target because I went first thing on Monday morning and they were ALL gone!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, Marianne ... wasn't me. I'm strictly a purist ...

      Delete
    2. Ha ha! Well just so you know Aldi still has some Reese's PB eggs left if you need to add to your stash. At least they did yesterday!

      Delete
  2. Great post! Haha! Agree with everything you said!...And JLo? I think a lot of people have already seen her "Hoo-Haa", so I don't think she's afraid...but just for the record, I think there is still a LOT of people who don't want to see her "Hoo-Haa" (including Me!), so somebody send her some modesty shorts!!!

    ReplyDelete