I've mentioned my renewed obsession with American Idol a couple of time already this season. I had totally sworn off AI after the Adam Lambert fiasco & when they started getting all weird with the judges. Now, I appreciate weird in a Paula Abdul kind-of way, but NOT a Nicki Minaj kind-of way. I am very picky about the weirdness I like to participate in ... standards!
Well, I have to say this ... American Idol has hit it out of the park this season! The JLo, Keith Urban, Harry Connick combination is pure GOLD! I love the way they've showcased more of the real talent & not a lot of weirdness in the beginning of the season (see, I told you I'm very selective in all of the weird). I love the faster pace of the competition & eliminations, so far. AND I cannot tell you how much I love that Randy Jackson is now like the AI Godfather!
O, it brings me joy when he is sitting in his big 'ole chair counseling those contestants & giving them advice. I just love it!
I have a bit of trepidation about the "spiritual advisors" they now have for the contestants ... I'd like to know their actual advising credentials. Jen Hatmaker, a Christian blogger & author, mentioned yesterday she'd love to be pegged spiritual advisor for next season, because she'd be spiritually advising the heck out of those kids!!!
& I have to tell you ... I already have a gut feeling who the winner of this season's American Idol is going to be ....
Mr. Harry Connick, Jr.!!! or Keith Urban's hair ... it could go either way ...


No comments:
Post a Comment