I've always heard that how you spend your New Year's Day is an indication of how you'll spend the rest of the year. Well, if that's true, I'll be waking up at 10am & having Diet Pepsi & peanut butter cookies for breakfast for the next 364 days.
Don't we all go to bed on December 31st with good intentions?!? Then we wake up mid-morning on January 1st & ask ourselves why we stayed up so late the night before ... O well, there's always January 2nd!
My mama always makes collards & black-eyed peas for New Year's dinner {neither of which I participate in}. Eating both is supposed to ensure you have a prosperous year ... an old southern tradition.
The most popular New Year's tradition is the New Year's resolution. This year instead of making a list of promises to myself that will probably not make it past day 3, I've decided to adopt a New Year's word. My word for 2014 is "brave". Being brave is not something I'm very good at, but so desperately want to be. I have wrestled with fear for quite some time & I'm determined to win! So, for the next 365 days that's what I've chosen to improve upon. Wish me luck!
How about you???? Did you make any resolutions? Eat any black-eyed peas? Do you have a word for 2014?
{HERE is a look at a few other things I've decided to be a little more intentional about this upcoming year}

Have you read the book My One Word?
ReplyDeleteNo .... but I'd love to!
Delete