Friday, January 3, 2014

favorite things friday: hey y'all, a devil, an antelope, & the abbey

Hope you've had a GREAT week! I have a feeling next week is going to be B-R-U-T-A-L. Back to a regular schedule... back to waking up at an honest hour of morning... back to the real world of school, carpool, & after school chaos. Good times, y'all!

All that aside .... it's Friday & I have a few favorite things to share with you ...

* I made a few post-Christmas purchases with some gift cards I received over the holidays & I can't wait for Mr. UPS to deliver them ....

I ordered this "hey y'all" print from Stephanie Creekmur's Etsy shop & think it is just the most perfect thing I've ever seen! Can't wait for it to adorn my foyer!
 
I also ordered Devil in the Junior League .... a book my bestie suggested to me years ago. All about  the politics of a small southern town's junior league {right up my alley} & I went ahead & pre-ordered The Antelope in the Living Room {written by Melanie Shankle from the big mama blog} that I mentioned HERE . Of course, I'll give you a full book report when I finish reading them both.
 

* It hasn't happened yet, but I'm going to go ahead & declare it one of this week's favorite things .... season 4 of Downton Abbey starts Sunday night!!!! Who's gonna watch?!?!?! I have been eagerly awaiting its return since I entrenched myself in a weekend-long marathon of the first 3 seasons a couple of months ago. If you haven't started watching Downton yet .... you need to hop on the train & get yourself caught up.

Other than sleeping late every single morning, eating more than my share of leftover holiday goodies, & lots of family time ... that just about sums up this week's favorite things! Now, I hope I survive getting everyone off to school Monday morning & can resist the urge I know I'll have to crawl back into bed once the house is empty.

Have a great weekend, y'all!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment