* Last weekend the Mister & I went on a little anniversary get away. We got to stay at one of our favorite hotels (which also happens to have a Target attached to it ... mighty shout of praise!!!), eat at some of our favorite restaurants, & spend time with two of our favorite people (the bestie & her hubby, Pappy). It was a wonderful & relaxing weekend ... which is probably why this week has smacked me right in the face.
* While on that little get away, I bought the most comfortable sweater that ever has been made ....
which, I am happy to report came from that target that was right at our hotel. Seriously, buy yourself one. I've already sent the bestie back to get me one in another color.
* OK .. let's discuss the elf on the shelf. People, can we all just relax with said elf?!?! I have one in my preschool classroom, but not at home. And can I just say, I am sure every parent that is in my Mama & Daddy's generation are all rolling their eyes very loudly about all of the elf nonsense going on. You know what it took for me to behave during December & every other month of the year ... my Mama looking at me out of the corner of her eye. That's it ... & honestly, that's still all it takes. So anyway, Jon Acuff is one of my absolute favorite writers & he has a website called "Stuff Christians Like" ... he wrote about the elf shananigans this week. you can read it HERE. It's hilarious.
So, that about sums up the highlights of my week ... Hope your week has been fun! Enjoy your weekend & enjoy this wonderful time of year ... drink hot chocolate, listen to Christmas music (for you, Pappy), drive around at night to see the lights, & don't forget to move that creepy elf before you go to sleep. But most of all ... be awesome, y'all!

No comments:
Post a Comment