Monday, November 18, 2013

letting go of those old sweatshirts ...

sweet friends ....

I did a guest post over at The Changing Room today! Some sweet ladies in my area have a ministry called The Pearl Ministry. You can check out their website HERE.  They are dedicated to putting an end to modern-day slavery. They have just launched a blog called "The Changing Room."  I encourage you to visit their site & read all about the wonderful things they are doing.

you can read my post HERE or below ...
 
 
 
The changing room ... a place to take off our old clothing & try on that new outfit we can't wait to buy {I've spent a lot of time with Jesus in changing rooms ... just praying that cute little outfit will actually fit & that when I go check out if it could ring up cheaper... that would be great, too!}.  Buying something new to wear is always fun & exciting. I always want to wear my new purchase as soon as I possibly can. 
 
But, you know what ... I have those "go to" articles of clothing that just feel good ... that I'm comfortable in. I have a sweatshirt that I've had, I lie to you not, since 1995. I love that sweatshirt! It is 3 sizes too big, frayed around the edges, faded ... but I wear it all of the time because I'm comfortable in it.
 
When Jesus comes into our lives ... we spend a lot of time in another kind of  "changing room." At first, it's new & exciting ... we can't wait to show the world the new creation we have become. But then life happens ... things get hard. Many times we want to pull out that old sweatshirt that feels comfortable. Our old ways, thoughts, attitudes, habits seem to find a way to find their way back into our "wardrobe" again.
 
So, how do we save ourselves from pulling out that old sweatshirt & wearing it again??? Spend more time in the changing room! Put on your garment of praise {Isaiah 61.30}, clothe yourself in strength & dignity {Proverbs 31:25}, clothe yourself in salvation {2 Chronicles 6:41} ... everyday!
Let Christ make you a new creation each & everyday. When you wake up in the morning, ask Him to help you surrender your old ways & to give you the strength to allow Him to change you even more.
 
He loves meeting you in your "changing room" & the more you meet Him there, the easier it becomes to finally let go of those old sweatshirts!
 
 
 
Emma Bircher
{www.frommylittlepinkcouch.blogspot.com}


No comments:

Post a Comment