Monday, April 29, 2013

oaks of righteousness ...

we have a huge oak tree in our front yard.
it always amazes me when i see those tiny little acorns
lying on the ground
that something so small can grow into
something as strong & mighty
as an oak tree.


“… they will be called

oaks of righteousness,

a planting of the Lord

for the display

of his splendor.”

Isaiah 61:3


I came across this scripture last summer &
it became my prayer for my kids.
there's nothing I want more
than for them both
to become "oaks of righteousness"
& to be a "display of His splendor."


we have this verse in our home ...
I wear a necklace with charms of
an oak tree & both kids' birthstones on it ...
I want to be reminded to pray this prayer
over them ....
I want those little acorns of mine to
grow into strong & mighty oaks of righteousness!

3 comments:

  1. Hi! New fan here. Catching up on older posts...would love to see your necklace and where to find one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nevermind! Kept reading and saw it...LOVE it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you found my post about the necklace ... & welcome to my little pink couch! so glad you found me!

      Delete