Summer To-Do Lists are popping up all over Pinterest & Facebook.
They have great ideas ... things like ... roast organic s'mores over a non-toxic flame, weave your own beach mats from pesticide free cotton, hike the Appalachian Trail whilst identifying & journaling about plant life.
All super fun ideas & if you have the stamina for those types of things ... I say ... partake!
However, I know myself fairly well enough to know that our summer to-do list looks more like this:
* sleep as late as possible at least 4 days each week
* inquire how young children can be to participate in some sort of summer employment (those braces aren't paying for themselves, y'all)
* declare popcorn suitable as a main course for dinner
* become better acquainted with our friends at the local Bojangle's drive thru window
* give the kids a weekly chore list that I will forget to enforce after 2 weeks
* visit every body of water at our disposal as much as we possibly can
* pretend like I am making the kids participate in some sort of summer reading program
* have popsicles for breakfast
* relax like it's our job
What's on your summer list???

No comments:
Post a Comment