One of my younger friends was complaining the other day about how she had been out of high school x number of years & she had never once used Algebra.
My response ... just wait until you have kids & they have Algebra homework ... that's when you'll use Algebra!
Our oldest will be in high school next year ... #holdmewhileisob ... and we are in the THICK of ALL SORTS of Algebra at our house .... #holdmewhileisobevenmore. Seriously, there is A LOT of x and y-ness going on in my life.
Have I used the Pythagorean Theorem since 1994? Not until last week when Matt came home with all sorts of right triangles with missing measurements.
And then there are the square roots???? Bless.
SQUARE ROOTS, y'all!
So, teachers and parents ... when those teenagers ask "When will I ever use this in real life?" You have an answer ... You'll use it when you are helping your teenagers do their Algebra homework!
You're welcome ...

Or squaring a building.
ReplyDeletePriceless!!! I'm right there with you!
ReplyDelete