Friday, March 20, 2015

favorite things friday: books

 
Happy Friday & even better ...
Happy Spring & International Day of Happiness!!!!
Yay!!!!
 
Here are this week's favorites ...
 
* Savor ...
I just got Shauna Niequist's new book, Savor. 
 
 
It has short devotions for each day & they are sooooo great! I mean ... there is a whole devotion dedicated to the need for rest & how we neeeeeeed naps to restore our souls! Y'all ... who loves a nap better than me? Nobody, that's who!

And then there was this from today ... "Sometimes in the moments of searing pain, we think we don't have a choice. But we do. It's in those moments that we make the most important choice: grow or give up. It's easy to want to give up under the weight of what we're carrying. It seems sometimes like the only possible choice. But there's always, always, always another choice; & transformation is waiting for us just beyond that choice." (p. 86)  Such goodness in those words!!!

* Journaling ...
I also got this beauty in the mail this week ...


A journaling Bible! I can't wait to dig into it!!!!


Guys ... I just wanted to say thank you  for all of the sweet words earlier this week. It has been such an emotional time for so many people around me. Please continue to pray for peace ...


This week's posts ...

 
 

 
 
 I'm linking up with Andrea @ Momfessionals!


No comments:

Post a Comment