I would like to report, here we are 365 days later & probably the bravest things I did in 2014 was ride DaVinci's cradle at Busch Gardens & let my 15-year-old niece drive me around now that she has her learner's permit. No mountains were climbed ... no fears were stared dead in the eye & dealt with ... no swimming in the ocean at peak feeding time for sharks was done.
And guess what ... I am ok with that ... really, I am.
I am not going to beat myself up or feel like the last 365 days were a waste because I didn't live up to my self-imposed ideal of what I thought brave was 100% of the time.
I have come to realize that being brave looks different for different people & even different on different days. Some days, getting out of the bed & facing the day takes bravery. Other days, it's holding your head high when you know you are walking into an uncomfortable situation.
So, this year I have decided to just ...
I will BE whatever it is I need to BE on that particular day.
And guess what ... some days my BE might look like this ...
And other days, my BE may look like this ...
{thanks, Ash}
I have come to learn {& accept} that my BE doesn't look the same everyday ...
I read this quote somewhere ... "Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice that at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'"
So, this year ... I want to give myself permission to "try again tomorrow" when I need to & BE ok with that.




This is great! Would love for you to grab our button and join our new weekly "Tuesday Talk" link-party that just went live!
ReplyDeleteElizabeth
www.allkindsofthingsblog.com