Friday, November 21, 2014

favorite things friday: the crockpot, pink shoes, & Nester's beads ...


Another Friday already!
I have a feeling between now & Christmas
these Fridays are going to be coming fast & furious ...
so much to do.
Today... the tree is going up!
Prayers that all strands of Christmas lights
are fully operational would be
extremely appreciated!


So, while I am untangling strands
of lights, here are a
few of my week's favorites ...

 * this week's MVP ....
My crockpot ... it's been working overtime this week! We have had some majorly cold weather (in a NC majorly cold way .... not a Buffalo, NY majorly cold way).  To me, there is nothing better than a crockpot dinner on a cold day. Because, honestly, if I have to endure coldness the least I could not do is not stand over a stove. I am way too busy wearing layers & drinking hot chocolate. My favorite crockpots recipes .... Paula Deen's Taco Soup & Beverly's Pork Chops (I have no idea who Beverly is, but her pork chops are yummo).
* hot pink shoes ...
Yesterday called for hot pink shoes.

Now, these particular shoes look best sans socks ... Considering the 30* temps in the morning & that I have been known to get a chill in the middle of August, it was a strange wardrobe choice ... but, some days you just need to wear hot pink shoes.


* nester's beads ...
One of my favorite bloggers is The Nester. Her book, The Nesting Place, is one of my all-time favorites ... 

One of her signature decorative pieces is a strand of wooden beads. Well, I decided to get my Nester on last night & whipped up a few strands myself! I bought a couple of bags of beads & cording at Michael's and had the best time stringing beads ... it doesn't take much, y'all!


... & that just about does it!
my crockpot, pink shoes, & Nester's beads ...
love weeks when my favorites are found in the simple things!!!


Linking up with Andrea at Momfessionals ...
hop over & check out some of my
favorite bloggers' favorites!



6 comments:

  1. Stopping by from the Momfessionals Link Up! I am also a PINK lover and those shoes are just adorable! Sometimes life just needs more pink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love those shoes! I'm a closet pink lover, lol...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, some days pink shoes are what you need! The crockpot is a lifesaver during the week. Both of those crockpot recipes sound delicious!

    Jill
    www.dousedinpink.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes ... some days just need pink! & I {big puffy heart} my crockpot!

      Delete