Tuesday, October 14, 2014

homecoming priorities ..

Dear Christopher Columbus ...

I would like to give my sincerest thanks for accidently discovering America in, what I can only assume was, mid-October. My kids haven't had a Monday off from school since Labor Day & this mama was in dire need of an alarm-free, carpool-free, homework-free Monday like you just wouldn't believe! And what's even better ... it just happens to coincide with the day after Homecoming Sunday at Mama & Daddy's church, so I had ample time to  recover from my food induced coma.

I told you about the Southern treasure of church homecomings last year (you can read about it HERE). I'm not sure if it's like this everywhere, but at Mama & Daddy's church, the women know how to cook ... like REEALLLLY cook. The amount of food is insane.

I have a very specific game plan for Homecoming Sunday ... get a slice of my Aunt Janice's carrot cake FIRST! You can't take the risk of standing in line, getting a plate full of food, eating it all, & THEN going for the dessert table for the carrot cake. Chances are, by then that carrot cake will be long gone ... & I would hate for all the churchfolk to see me have an all out fit over missing out on my Aunt Janice's carrot cake! So, it's the carrot cake first, eat that, & then go back for the other food. Yes, you may miss out on my Mama's meatloaf (which is to die for) or my Aunt Peggie's fried chicken ... BUT a carrot cake crisis has been averted!

It's called priorities & home training!

No comments:

Post a Comment