Friday, October 17, 2014

favorite things friday: horrible days, snacks, truth, & shopping!


Happy Friday, y'all!!!!
 
My week has flown by & has
been full of all sorts of favorites.
My list this week is completely random ...
much like the week I have just enjoyed!
 
 
 
* Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day ...
 
 
This movie was so great! The kids were out of school Monday & had to get their flu shots from the pediatrician ... cause we know how to party on Columbus Day around here! After the doctor's appointment, we decided a great way to end the day would be at the movies, so I took them to see Alexander & the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day!
 
Now, it's not always the easiest thing in the world to find a movie that a 13-year-old boy & a 9-year-old girl both love... but this one was a big hit with both Big Brother & Priss! As a matter of fact, when we were leaving the theater, Big Brother uttered the words ... "this has been such a great day!" Now,  when your teenage son, who has just spent the afternoon at the movies with his little sister & mom AND gotten 2 shots from the kiddie doctor ... says that, you've know you've scored!
 
 
* Snicky Snack!
 
 
You NEED to try these! & if you get around to it, try it with a slice of smoked gouda cheese! You'll want to write me a thank you not, but you don't have to ... I know you are appreciative! Sooo yummy! And because the word "thin" is on the box, I totally feel like I am eating health food when I'm snacking on these!
 
 
* She Reads Truth ...
 
So many of you have told me how much you've been enjoying the daily devotionals offered at She Reads Truth! I am doing the Hosea study right now (one of their older studies) & am loving it! If you've never taken time to look through their current & past studies, I encourage you to check it out! It is such an incredible resource. I'm having a hard time deciding what my next study is going to be!!!
 
Last week, She Reads Truth introduced their Bible studies for the rest of 2014! Hospitality, a study on biblical hospitality... the welcoming posture of the heart, not just the home, starts on the 27th.
 
 
They are offering $4 off the study packet between now & Sunday ... just use the code PINEAPPLE at checkout to receive your discount! ORDER YOURS HERE! (I am not affiliated with She Reads Truth in any way  & don't benefit from mentioning them... I just really love their ministry & want you to enjoy it, too!)
 
 
* Shopping for pretties!!!!
 
If you missed yesterday's post, I showed you lots of pretties from Stella & Dot's 2014 accessories line!  I've been a big fan of their jewelry for a long time & am inviting you to shop along with me ... you can browse their site & ORDER HERE!
 
Here are a few of my favs ...
 


LOTS of pretties!!!!!
 
 
 
And that just about does it for this week's favorites
from my little pink couch!
Hope your weekend is a fun one!
Be awesome, y'all!
 
 
Linking up with Andrea at Momfessionals
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment