Tuesday, July 15, 2014

the struggle is real .... for real!


I am sure I might start a firestorm of controversy amongst the tens of people who actually read this blog, but I'm just going to go ahead & lay it out there.  It is the middle of July ... in the South ... & I couldn't be happier about all of the heat & the humidity!



I know ... say what you will ... but this summer heat & I are holding hands, couple skating just like it is Saturday night at the Rollerland! Which, may be the effects of some sort of post traumatic stress situation brought on by the unusually cold horrible Winter I just lived through.

Now, I will admit, I am a very cold-natured person. As a matter of fact, Bestie & her husband, Pappy, have determined I have some sort of body core temperature impairment. While everyone else is enjoying a comfortable 98.6 ... I'm telling you, I am suffering at around 87.6 (not really, but that's the plight I feel I am suffering).

For example ...

* Last week Bestie & I went to Trader Joe's & after about 5 minutes I told her I would just wait for her outside in the heat of the day, because I was FREEZING amongst all of the free range, organic goods.

* Today ... we are expecting temps in the high 90's however, I didn't dare leave home without wearing a cardigan. I know ... some say that's foolish ... I say makes total sense.

* It is July ... I have a down comforter on my side of the bed.

So, just remember ... when you see someone wrapped up in a cute cardigan, shivering, & teeth chattering in the middle of July .... don't be quick to judge ... low core body temperature is a very real (probably made up) problem & the struggle is real, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment