Friday, June 20, 2014

Favorite Things Friday: angelina, new shoes, yelling, & a traveling man ...



Happy Friday!!!!!
a few of my favorites from this week ...


* movies with the kids ...
I took the kids to see Maleficent this week. I had been on the fence about taking them ... with all of the fighting, magic, Angelina Jolee, & what not. Obviously, it was a great choice, because Priss spent 3/4's of the movie with her eyes covered. My review: a cross between Narnia & Wicked ... Quite a bit of fighting, but no gore ... overall, a really sweet storyline. If you're on the fence about going, check out the review HERE from Plugged In. I use the Plugged In website a lot to make sure movies, TV show, books are Big Brother/Priss appropriate ... a really great resource!

* Mama got new shoes ...

*Don't worry, honey ...
I had a gift card & got my Red Card discount*

I've been in search of a low wedge that would be cute with shorts & that I wouldn't break my ankle whilst walking in them ... these fit the both of those requirements.

* The return of Kate Plus 8 to TLC ...
Bless! Have I missed that woman, or what! I've had this on my calendar for at least a month. What I didn't know was that the fine folks over at TLC were having a John & Kate Plus 8 (turned Kate Plus 8) marathon for MOST OF THE DAY!!!!  Y'all, I was in reality TV heaven. However, by 11:18 I couldn't take the yelling anymore ... Obviously, my parents should have yelled at each other more (or any at all) so my tolerance level wouldn't be so low.
* Mister has been out of town all week on "business" ... & I say "business" because he kept posting & sending me pictures of himself at football stadiums.

(Alabama's stadium)

(at LSU ...working rather hard)
(at the end of Brett Favre's driveway ... bless!)

I started to become very suspicious that maybe he was really on some sort of secret tour of SEC football stadiums & not really working.

However, he did send me this shot of himself hard at work ...

(that's him being dragged around the floor on a parachute by kids while being filmed)

He's working on a fun little project that hopefully we can share soon! He had a blast & I'm so glad he had the opportunity to be part of such a fun gig ... and the tour of SEC football stadiums!


What a week!

Hope you have a fun weekend!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment