I've been eyeing the $ bin at my Michael's for several weeks. They've been carrying cute wood blocks with bright wooden letters on one side. How cute would it be to have these spelling out "HAPPY" or "YALL" or "SMILE" ... well, it would be precious if they carried all 26 letters of the alphabet, for the love of the Lord!!!! Not that I am bitter, or anything .... well, maybe I am a little.
Apparently the letters Y & E are not important to the English language once you enter through the doors of my Michael's, because for 3 weeks nary a one has been found in that $ bin. I know this because I have emptied out those bins & spread out all of the cute wood blocks on the floor for 3 weeks straight.. No Y ... No E ...
Now, do you remember in elementary school when the teacher would write a list of letters on the board & you had to make as many words as you could with all of the letters? That's what I had been reduced to ... right there in the $ aisle of Michael's. Trying to think of cute words I could spell without a Y or E.
Then! It hit me! Make lemonade out of lemons ... make the most out of it ... do the best with what I've got!
No E? No problem!
I found an extra M & turned it sideways ...
& just like that a special E was born! & I love it more than I would had I been able to conjure up an E block from the $ bin. Because when I look at it ... I do smile. AND it's a great reminder to make the best out of what you've got!



Great idea! It DOES make you smile! :)
ReplyDelete